Monday, August 29, 2011

More Austenland - The Movie

At my book birthday party (see post below) some of us talked about how excited we are for Austenland the movie and I promised a friend I would send her links to some of the fun things I have found. Which I did but I have seen a lot of traffic coming to my Austenland post so I thought I would share the links with you all as well.
The following pictures came from Jennifer Coolidge twitter account...
Keri Russell is in the brown dress as Jane Hayes and Jennifer Coolidge as Miss Charming is in the pink dress.


Here is Keri & Jennifer again with the director Jerusha Hess.

The following picture of Bret McKenzie as Martin was taken from a film extra's twitter account.
The fan site Absolute JJ Feild also has posted pictures supposedly from set, I just didn't see where they got them so I am not going to say they are for sure. Although I think he does look very Darcy/Nobley.
There are more if you click on their link.

Screen Daily also did a great article that I already posted on facebook awhile ago about their on set visit. Here is one of my favorite parts...
"I witnessed Bret McKenzie from Flight of the Conchords grinding up on Keri Russell, all the while wearing regency finery. Oh, and did I mention a Nelly song was playing? What more do you want from a film, people?"
What more could you want indeed.

Ricky Whittle twitted about production if you want to check out his twitter. He tweeted a picture, of some possible swim trunk wardrobe???

Mr. James Callis tweeted the following picture of himself as Colonel Andrews from his trailer...

Austenland Exclusive with JJ Field, Bret McKenzie, Georgia King & Ricky Whittle


If you want more you can read Shannon Hale's (author of Austenland book & co-authored screenplay) blog for her on set adventures.

I really want to see Austenland get picked up by a studio soon so I am going to do everything in my power to get the word out there!

2 comments:

  1. You mean it's not even being made yet? How can they have the rolls filled but no studio to make it? Agh, I was thinking I could see commercials for this movie any day now. So disappointed to have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie just wrapped shooting in the last couple weeks. It is as of now an independent film so it will get made but unless a major film studio picks it up it will not be shown in all theaters.

    ReplyDelete