Monday, August 22, 2011

Unexpected Gift

After I did my last post, Team Adam, explaining how I won author Gayle Forman's contest to design a Team Adam button. I found out my friend Stephanie Perkins was one of the judges on Gayle's expert panel. Here is the comment Stephanie left on Gayle's blog.


Ha ha ha!!! When I voted for Connie’s design, I had no idea *my friend* designed it. I’m quite giddy. :D GO CONNIE! Congratulations!
Stephanie Perkins


Sometimes it just blows me away how awesome Stephanie is & that I have some how managed to be friends with her. Did you know that she did a panel at Comic Con? Yes I have a friend who was on a panel at Comic Con!





We have recently upgraded our friendship to sisters, which Debbie & I both feel really good about!





Stephanie Perkins

@
If this wasn't enough awesomeness, Wednesday I went to check the mail and found a unexpected gift from Stephanie. Her new book Lola and the Boy Next Door comes out September 29th, which I have been counting down the days (see widget on my blog, just look to your right).



I was so touched that Stephanie would take the time to mail me a copy and even more touched by her inscription



And the beautiful key chain, the book takes place in San Francisco.


Let me just say I not only left my heart there, it was stolen! I am not going to go into to much detail because I don't want to ruin any of the fun BUT, I'll post this picture to show my love for The Boy Next Door & Lola.
Edit... In case you were wondering there were more sticky notes than Anna.

1 comment: