Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Time Traveler - The 20's

Welcome to what I hope will turn into a series of posts I am going to call my "Time Traveler" posts and in them I will highlight time periods I dream of traveling through time to see. It will help me narrow down which ones are my favorite so if the opportunity presents its self I will know which time to visit first.
There are many things that come to mind when I try and decide on an era, like personal hygiene practices for example, but probably one of the main things to consider is the fashion.
Watching Midnight In Paris made me want to be a flapper for Halloween again. I had something come up and had to leave the movie early and wasn't actually able to finish it but what I did see I enjoyed. The opening shots of Paris are reason enough to see the movie.

I love the 20's jargon, it is all the Bee's Knees and the Cat's Meow, and a really fun movie to show fashion, music, jargon & dancing of the 20's is Thoroughly Modern Millie.

I am not sure what is so appealing about gangsters but I do love a good gangster movie and even more so if it is funny. Oscar has great lines that my family like to quote, not to mention a huge cast. I especially love Tim Curry as Dr. Poole...
This isn't one of my favorite Dr. Poole moments but there is a shocking lack of good Oscar clips on YouTube in English.
I have not read a lot of books that involve the 20's I am not a fan of The Great Gatsby although I did read it and see the movie (Robert Redford & the 20's of course I watched it).
And I am sure I will watch the remake with Leonardo DiCaprio & Carey Mulligan just because I am sure the dresses & movie will be pretty.

I am already looking forward to picking my next era to explore.

1 comment:

  1. As I was watching the Oscar clip I was thinking, "I need to comment and ask her why she posted this one instead of "ehlllo!", but then you answered the question. :)

    ReplyDelete