Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Discoveries

After reading and enjoying the book Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson I saw the author listing her inspiration as Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer. I had tried to read one of Georgette's books before but didn't get very far but decided I should give her another chance, and I am so happy I did! Her books sometimes take awhile to get to the plot but they are so much fun once you get there. I read my first Georgette book in June and have since read six of her books so far but guess what she has written something like 50 books. I feel like a kid at Christmas the only sad thing is WHY DID I NOT READ THEM SOONER? As I have been looking on Goodreads and reading reviews it breaks my heart to hear others say they have been reading them since they were a teenager, I feel so left out. Another problem is they are not all that available in the library, but I did find that I can download their audio books from my library. AND GUESS WHAT I found out that Richard Armitage (aka Mr Thornton) narrates a couple of the audio books.

While trying to find said audio books from the library I discovered OneClickDigital  I downloaded the app and now can listen to a fairly big selection of audio books. Sadly they did not have any Georgette Heyer but they did have Midnight In Austenland by Shannon Hale, some Eva Ibbotson and Sarah Dessen. Overdirve another site provided by my library also has digital and audio books! 

Also I wanted to bring up The Lizzie Bennet Diaries again, I am still watching and liking them more and more. The girls no longer wear orangey make up and look how cute Mr Bing Lee is.
I want more people to watch so that way they can afford to keep making them and I can see their Darcy. You can check them out here

No comments:

Post a Comment