Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Trip To Nerdfighteria

You may think I am joking here but I am not, it is real and I went.

I stole this from Urban Dictionary dot com.

On Wednesday night(this is over a week old now) I went to a book signing for John Green's The Fault In Our Stars. I have read two of his other books besides The Fault In Our Stars, An Abundance of Katherine's and Paper Towns.

Besides being a writer John also does youtube videos with his brother Hank, their channel is called vlogbrothers. Here is a video they did together to explain nerdfightrers etcetera.


I have a lot of respect for the nerdfighting community, they do a lot to make the world a better place. I also have extra respect for John because of this video he did mentioning how he loves Stephanie Perkins Anna and the French Kiss.

I was excited to experience the nerdfighters first hand and lets just say they did not disappoint.
There were programs catered to each city.

There were all kind of nerdy things like a sock puppet show...

Songs by Hank this one is about John's book. He also played songs he wrote about Hogwarts & fish. 

There were also costume changes
and some human electrocution
Then I got to get my book signed and told John that Hank & him are like the boy versions of the Dashwood sisters from Sense & Sensibility. Basically it was just obvious that having Hank around relaxed John and I was happy to see the brothers interact.

Hank drew the fish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment