Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Potter Party

A year ago I gave William the movie Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone and can I just say my plan worked out brilliantly!
This year William invited a few close friends to his Harry Potter birthday party. There was way to much awesomeness for me to document so I will just share a few pictures. Keep an eye out at Debbie's blog for a full report.

The Quidditch Pitch





This is just Debbie's pomegranate tree, it made me happy so I took a picture. 





I saw this lady made a Marauders Map of her house for a party & William is obsessed with maps so I stole her design and made one for the kids. My hand hurt the next day, it was a lot of writing, but totally worth it.





Here is Professor Snape & Professor Joe teaching Potions.





The surprise of the night was when William got the Elder Wand he was literally speechless, finally a little dazed William said "it's good." 
My favorite part of the party was when I was pretending to be Professor McGonagall I was speaking with a British accent (I know it should have been Scottish but it was impromptu) then for the rest of the night when he was thinking about it William also spoke with a British accent. It melted my UK loving heart!





Here is Gracie playing with the potions kit I gave to William for his birthday.





Joseph loved it as well. I bought the box at Hobby Lobby and painted it myself & found all the bottles, jar & little caldron at thrift stores. Yes I did know the kids would want to drink out of them don't worry I washed them. 



2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, my TEN year old really wants a Harry Potter Birthday party. I might just have to steal some ideas from Deb and you. The party looked brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it all. I am looking forward to the day we are into Harry Potter here and I will totally steal all these fabulous ideas.

    ReplyDelete