Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Daughter of Smoke & Bone

Today is a great day to be a reader! Today Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke & Bone is released into the world (or at least the US). I am so excited for everyone, because I loved this book and I think all my book friends will love it too!

I did not always know I liked to read, it wasn't till I found "my books" around the age of 14 that I became a reader. Like a love sick bibliophile I wander online sites like Goodreads, visit my local library and bookshops looking for those books hoping that the next one is going to be "my book". While reading The Daughter of Smoke & Bone I kept thinking "this is the book I have been waiting for." I would read a passage that reminded me of other books that I really loved but were lacking in other areas. Reading Laini's book was such a relief, it never let me down or disappointed, it was reading Magic! (no not like reading magic it was reading magic) 
Make sure you go and check out the Daughter of Smoke & Bone site, you can meet the characters & even listen to the first chapter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment