Friday, January 18, 2008

Fashion 101

I am not very fashionable myself but I do enjoy fashion. I love shows like What Not to Wear and Project Runway. Project Runway especially, I enjoy watching the creative minds at work and in my turn try and come up with a design also. This is off the point but over Christmas break they had a Project Runway marathon and while I forced others to watch Debbie told my mom she should go on the show (which my mom completely could she is an amazing seamstress, if she wanted to be a fashion designer). But I wanted those of you who know my mom to now picture her on a reality TV show and hope you enjoy the image as much as I did. Alright back to the point (it really would not be my blog if there was not a little tangent now and again, right). I wanted to share a couple of web sites with you that are dedicated to modest fashion and that are not your typical Utah modest fashion.
http://www.elizamagazine.com/

ELIZA magazine was created for women who want to be stylish, sexy, and still keep high standards in dress, entertainment, and lifestyle. In a media culture that frequently objectifies and commercializes women and their bodies, ELIZA strives to provide an alternative to the current mainstream media that emphasizes sex and skin in order to push products or sell magazines. ELIZA magazine was created for women who want high-fashion that encourages and inspires them, providing hip and current styles that enhance the whole woman. Each issue will provide exciting and informative features in Fashion, Beauty, Health,
-The above is from their myspace page. PS I heard about this magazine through the Walkers they are related to the mastermind behind it.


http://www.shabbyapple.com/
This is a website I found from Eliza's website. They have some cute dresses.



I just wanted to show my support to those who are trying to help modesty be fashionable.

1 comment: