Friday, June 1, 2012

Les Miserables

I kept seeing things about the casting for the new Les Miserables movie but didn't pay to much attention not wanting to get my hopes up. I am not sure what I was expecting when I watched the teaser trailer but it wasn't this...



I must have watched it ten times, at first I thought Anne's voice could have been stronger but I now like that it is more real instead of Broadway, I think it is fitting for the movie. I didn't just stop with the trailer I went and watched several more videos.
Didn't seeing Eponine standing in the rain just make your heart hurt?


She was Eponine in the 25th anniversary special and I like her more than some Eponie's I found this video of her performing A Little Fall of Rain



But I will admit that no one can compare to Lea Salonga she will always be my favorite Eponine.

I was so happy to see Lea on the 25th anniversary playing Fantine

Also can I say how happy I am about the fact that Helena Bonham Carter will we playing Madame Thenardier aka the inn keepers wife! I guess I am going to be seeing two movies Christmas day.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness this trailer. I am beyond excited, but not in a happy way (does that make sense?) This is going to be a hard movie to watch. I agree completely with everything you said about Ann singing. I think the movie has potential to be so awesome if people will remember they are going to see a movie and not a play on Broadway.

    ReplyDelete