Sunday, January 30, 2011

A little help

This is my google  home page besides being able to check my email (gmail) & weather I get to check my google reader. I was shocked to find not everyone uses google reader.

Maybe you do not know what you are missing, let me explain.  Google reader allows you to to check all your favorite blogs & websites in one place. You simply add the web sites you want to follow & when the sites update or posts the reader will show you. For example I know some people do not want to twitter or get twitter but might want to follow a band, celebrity, author, or company you can add their twitter to your feed, no need to sign up for twitter.
Here is a picture of my Google reader in list form, you can also show expanded and see the full post. No more having to go to your blog and click on the links that you follow, or signing into blogger to check only the blogs you follow there. Best of all you can blog stalk, no committing to blogger that you are following them. It is easy to remove feeds & no one is the wiser. You can follow yourself to see how many subscribers you have but it does not tell you who is following. No pressure you can try following a blog but if you get tired of it you can unsubscribe with no one being the wiser. You can learn more about Google reader or sign up for it here. Go my friends who do not already use this go and have your world changed, you will love it.

Speaking of blog stalking I would just like to say, following a strangers blog is not stalking. That is what blogging is for, putting yourself out there & finding others like you. Don't be afraid to comment on other people's blogs, because maybe they would love to blog stalk you as well. How glad I am that after meeting Stephanie Perkins at Project Book Babe I stumbled upon her blog & commented. I not only have made one new friend but others as well. Remember
"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one." ~ C. S. Lewis
Don't let the friendship just be one sided chances are they want to know they are not the only ones who love something as well.
With A Little Help From My Friends by currancy

1 comment:

  1. Man was she at Project Book Babe. I think my kids have fried my brain. Must find my PBB shirt...which I often wear to bed. Reminds me of the fun times!

    ReplyDelete