Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas Time

Debbie & Russ invited my parents, my little brother & myself over for Christmas eve & Christmas morning. We had a nice dinner & after the kids got to open one present. They both got games, William got Star Wars Trouble & Gracie got Bed Bugs. William & I played Trouble while Gracie & Russ played Bed Bugs, but once  they were done Gracie came to help me play Trouble. It was pretty much the sweetest thing because after she would move our guys she would turn and give me a hug. Here is a little slide show I made of some of the pictures of us hugging.


It was  a very close game and William ended up winning but I told Gracie we won the cutest award.
Later that night my brother Ryan came by & brought with him these ginormous sparklers they got the kids out of bed and had some Christmas Eve magic.

Gracie saw my Dad wrapped up in a green blanket & said look it is the Grinch. This is my dad doing his Grinch impression, it is also his ghost, monster or pretty much anything that is scary impression.
CHRISTMAS MORNING
William got me I Heart London socks.

Gracie got me an Eiffel Tower necklace


Later the rest of the family came for breakfast and our family gift exchange.
I was really upset that I couldn't think of anything good for Russ when I very last minuet found this cool Abe Lincoln t-shirt. Russ is an Abe fan.



I also had Russ open Joseph's present since his shirt inspired the onesie I made for Joseph.
Joseph's middle name is Lincoln, it was so perfect & I am extremely proud & was singing that girl is crafty like ice is cold when I finished it.

Gracie hugging her Cinderella barbie doll I got her.


I have mentioned before how much William loves Harry Potter so you can tell he was happy about getting his gear from Santa. He also loved that I got him Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets the movie along with some Harry Potter Lego's.
The rest of the day was spent watching Harry Potter & Newsies or maybe....
Gracie came up to me and said she was tired a few minuets later we were like this.

I got some great gifts from Mark I got a camo snuggie perfect for when I go hunting & fishing, also it has pockets the perfect size to hold books. Ashley made me this awesome book holder that hangs from my bed. So much great stuff!!
It was a very happy Christmas

5 comments:

  1. The hugfest video made Anna jealous. She heard the music (Which was perfect for those shots, by the way) and came over to the computer. She asked me, "Why does Gracie get to give Aunt Connie all those hugs?" I said, "You can give her lots of hugs too." She was a bit incredulous. I don't think she believed me. We'll have to do something about that.
    I'm in love with the Babe Lincoln shirt. I'm thinking of having another baby just so I can name him Lincoln and get one of those shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best aunt ever. Easily.

    And I love the babe Lincoln shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where to start with this post. It's great. I wish I could just click on a sentence or a picture and click "like." It would be much easier. :) Love the hugfest. Gracie is too cute, as always. Love your dad as the Grinch, or, as you state, any scary creature. Love William and his Harry Potter gear. Love the picture of you and Gracie passed out on the couch. So, basically, just *LOVE*.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, bAbe Lincoln. You crack me up! What a sweet family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the babe lincoln, since my little man is a lincoln. I only wished i would have thought of it first.

    ReplyDelete