Thursday, May 15, 2008

Confession

I really like Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series and just finished her new book The Host last Thursday. It was fantastic by the way, and I think it is my favorite. I like her books so much I even joined a fan site called TwilightMoms. Yes I am not a mom but I am over 25 so I was aloud to join. Which I can not be happier about because through this site I have made some new super cool friends & since I wanted to hang out with my new friends I bought a ticket to The Host signing Stephenie just did this past Tuesday (May 13th).

Here are a few reasons why I think that Stephenie Meyer is awesome:

1) The first song on her Twilight playlist is Why Does it Always Rain On Me by Travis
2) Her favorite band is Muse
3) She is a fan of The Office & wants to meet John Krasinski
4) She has made being pale cool
5) She is a Jane Austen fan

Before I tell you about my minuet or 30 seconds talking to Stephenie I need to share a little background info. Like I said in number 2 Stephenie's favorite band is Muse, they have also been a favorite of mine since 2002. On the TwilightMoms site there is a thread were some moms were talking about Muse and Stephenie's friend who got to meet Muse with Stephenie was on there talking about how she would love to get her hands on a Muse song called Easily. Which I had so I put it on a site and sent it to her. She in turn gave it to Stephenie. We kept emailing back and forth about Muse and I with the help of Mimi ended up making a website with rare b-sides on it. She also passed the site along to Stephenie. A few weeks ago I got to meet my new friend Jen and her friend Jen at a TwilightMom's get together and she even told us the story of her and Stephenie meeting Muse, only because I begged like a little puppy. They were both so super nice and fun, seriously Twilight Moms are the coolest ladies around.


Alright back to the signing. We got to the signing a little bit before the doors opened and my lovely TM's were saving us spots. Here I am with my friend Mox (we are in a rock band together called The Goat Rocks see Twilight chapter 5 pg. 108)

Here we are waiting for the Q&A and yes we are dead front & center...
Here Debbie is with her I Heart Ian Hoodie
Debbie and I sporting our I Heart Ian Hoodies
Here are the backs; Debbie's says Ian Is My Lucky Charm & mine says Kiss Ian He's Irish
While we were waiting for the Q&A I ran and got some pizza's here I am passing out the pizza's.

You might notice that we are wearing some super sweet cuff bracelets that Debbie made. Debbie even gave one to Jen to give to Stephenie. Jen told me that she did give it to Stephenie and that Debbie should tell her. So here is Debbie telling Stephenie. Stephenie said oh you are a Twilight Mom and looked up to see what shirt she was wearing she told Debbie she liked the Ian hoodie & Debbie showed her the back. Stephenie also told Debbie she liked her hair.

Here I am telling Stephenie that Jen told me to tell her that I made the Muse website.


I told Stephenie I made the website and she asked what my screen name was on TM's I told her and she said that's right. I was excited that she seemed to know who I was.

After the signing we all headed over to Mimi's Cafe, I love my new friends, they Rock!So now you know that I am a big fan of Stephenie Meyer, which basically means I am awesome.







3 comments:

  1. speaking of muse b-sides do you have another version of New One that isnt live? im going to look for an official track...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you are awesome! Stephenie asked what my screen name was too! I was so ding dang excited about that! She didn't seem to know me tho. Oh well! Those are great pictures and I love your reasons why you love Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous08 June, 2008

    Um, ya I kinda know about your twilight obsession! Thanks for the website tip you gave me, I'll check it out! You so funny!!

    ReplyDelete